Whew! What a DAY this has been. I was never so glad to get away from a town as I was Meridian, MS. I'll bet if you look up all the 20/20, Dateline, and Murder in a Small Town episodes, you're bound to find at least 10 that spotlight that town. It was very sketchy and a little scary to say the least. I felt safe in the hotel room, but not so much outside it.
We left there heading west to Texarkana, TX. We went through Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, and touched a toe in Texas.
When you look across the Yazoo river, you see Louisiana. The state line actually runs down the middle of the river.
We checked out two museums here. One was a Civil War museum that was privately owned by a very friendly and smart guy. This place was LOADED with artifacts from all over the south.
The other museum we checked out was a Coca-Cola museum. If you know me well, you know I am never too far away from a Diet Coke. How are Coke and Vicksburg connected? There was a candy store in Vicksburg that was bottling their own flavors of drinks. The gentleman who owned it decided to try bottling Coke. The first bottles were shipped to Atlanta and ended up being ok. So thanks to this little candy store in Vicksburg, we now enjoy colored sugar water in many flavors in bottles and cans. Who knew?
This is the operation used to fill those bottles. It's just so interesting to me how this candy store owner figured this out and created the industry norm.![]() |
| The marker was made with "bullet holes" in it. |











No comments:
Post a Comment