Our morning started off with breakfast at the hotel. Not much to write home about, but filled our bellies. Leaving Alpharetta, GA proved to be the most difficult thing I did today. We started off ok, on 285, but that quickly turned "south" (pun totally intended). I sat in traffic for 15 minutes and decided to ditch the interstate. This was really a bad idea. It took about 1 and 1/2 hours to get out of Alpharetta and on route 20. However, the route took us though this AMAZING neighborhood full of million-dollar mansions (old and new). That was quite a treat.
One problem I had today was trying to figure out why my Garmin's arrival time was showing us making 100 miles in 30 minutes. It too me almost two hours to figure out we were moving through a different time zone (duh). The car's clock is still in VA time, but my phone and Garmin are now in the correct time zone.
Our fist side quest... TALLADEGA SPEEDWAY! This place is so cool! We just took a quick pic and moved on.
![]() |
| Christian bought a hat. Silly boy. |









No comments:
Post a Comment